Amusement Area Employees is a labor Union representing the majority of the non-management employees at Universal Studios Hollywood. Chartered in 1965, B-192 is an autonomous Local affiliated with the Special Departments of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Motion Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, its Territories and Canada (IATSE). As a Union member you have certain rights and obligations. You are always welcome to ask questions of your representatives and officers, or to stop by the Union office to pick up a copy of the contract and Constitution and By-Laws. We hope you have a fulfilling experience in your work and become informed and involved in your Union.
Why We Have Unions
"According to the Economic Policy Institute, on average, a worker covered by a union contract earns 13.2% more in wages than a peer with similar education, occupation, and experience in a nonunionized workplace in the same sector." Source: https://www.epi.org/publication/how-todays-unions-help-working-people-giving-workers-the-power-to-improve-their-jobs-and-unrig-the-economy/
"Unions engage in 'Collective bargaining'. Collective bargaining is how working people gain a voice at work and the power to shape their working lives.
According to the Economic Policy Institute, Unions:
- Give workers a voice in policy debates
- Reduce inequality and are essential for low- and middle-wage workers' ability to obtain a fair share of economic growth
- Improve the health and safety practices of workplaces
- Support strong families with better benefits and due process and are good for workers' retirement security"
Local B-192 Candidate Endorsements for the 2022 Election
Local B-192 proudly endorses the following candidates for the 2022 election:
- Eunisses Hernandez, LA City Council District 1
- Hugo Soto-Martinez, LA City Council District 13
- To help Hugo get elected by donating to his campaign, use this link: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iatseb192hugo
- Christy Smith, Congressional District 27
- Judy Chu, Congressional District 28
- Kevin James, LA City Attorney
- Abby Baron, LA Superior Court Judge Seat 60
- Elizabeth Lashley-Haynes, LA Superior Court Judge Seat 67
- Matthew Vodnoy, LA Superior Court Judge Seat 70
- Melissa Lyons, LA Superior Court Judge Seat 90
- Carolyn Jiyoung Park, LA Superior Court Judge Seat 118
We also recommend referring to the recommendations of our affiliates, which can be viewed via the following links:
- Los Angeles County Federation of Labor endorsements: https://thelafed.org/resource/2022-endorsements/
- California Labor Federation endorsements: https://calaborfed.org/endorsements-for-the-2022-primary-elections/
COVID-19 and Local B-192 Office Access
UPDATE TO OUR TERMS WITH USH AS OF APRIL 2022:
- Effective May 26, 2022, our Local B-192 and USH COVID-19 Safety Agreement that was ratified in February 2021 was terminated. Our Local B-192 Health & Safety Committee and elected Union officers will continue to ensure that all governmental safety regulations are enforced by the company.
- While the terms of our safety agreement ended on May 26th, the two other agreements negotiated during the park closure period still contain applicable terms. To view any of the COVID-19 agreements negotiated by Local B-192 and USH, visit the "Documents" section under "Member Resources" on this website.
For any and all concerns about the COVID-19, please visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov
ACCESS TO AND CONTACT WITH THE LOCAL B-192 OFFICE:
- The Local B-192 office is accessible by appointment only, but Union office staff can be reached by phone at 818-509-9192 or by email at Info@b192iatse.org during regular office hours. If you leave a voicemail by phone, you will receive a response within 24 hours. To reach any of our Union representatives directly, refer to our Union Reps page under the "About Us" section and click on the representative's name for email access.
Local B-192 General Membership Meetings
Our regular quarterly membership meetings for 2022 are as follows:
Monday, September 19, 2022 at 7:00 pm
- The September regular Membership meeting will be held at the IATSE West Coast Office, 2210 W. Olive Ave., Burbank, CA 91506. Garage and street parking are available.
Monday, December 12, 2022 at 7:00 pm**
To be admitted, you must have your Universal ID and be an active member in good standing*.
*In good standing means all application fees, initiation fees, dues, and any other financial obligations to the Union must be current and paid in full and the Member must not be on suspension from the Union.
**Membership meetings are held at our Union office at 5250 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601 unless otherwise indicated.
Please spread the word to your fellow members. If you have any questions please contact us at Info@B192iatse.org or (818) 509-9192.
Lynda.com now LinkedIn Learning
Local B-192 is continuing to provide a unique opportunity to participate in the IATSE Education and Training Department's lynda.com courses, which upgraded to LinkedIn Learning in 2019. You can choose from a variety of options, including those listed on the site provided, and it's free of charge for members! For more information, contact our Union office or refer to the website: www.iatsetrainingtrust.org