Amusement Area Employees is a labor Union representing the majority of the non-management employees at Universal Studios Hollywood and the Ushers at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre. Chartered in 1965, B-192 is an autonomous Local affiliated with the Special Departments of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Motion Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, its Territories and Canada (IATSE). As a Union member you have certain rights and obligations. You are always welcome to ask questions of your representatives and officers, or to stop by the Union office to pick up a copy of the contract and Constitution and By-Laws. We hope you have a fulfilling experience in your work and become informed and involved in your Union.
Why We Have Unions
"According to the Economic Policy Institute, on average, a worker covered by a union contract earns 13.2% more in wages than a peer with similar education, occupation, and experience in a nonunionized workplace in the same sector." Source: https://www.epi.org/publication/how-todays-unions-help-working-people-giving-workers-the-power-to-improve-their-jobs-and-unrig-the-economy/
"Unions engage in 'Collective bargaining'. Collective bargaining is how working people gain a voice at work and the power to shape their working lives.
According to the Economic Policy Institute, Unions:
- Give workers a voice in policy debates
- Reduce inequality and are essential for low- and middle-wage workers' ability to obtain a fair share of economic growth
- Improve the health and safety practices of workplaces
- Support strong families with better benefits and due process and are good for workers' retirement security"
Local B-192 General Membership Meetings
Our regular quarterly membership meetings for 2023 are as follows:
Monday, June 12, 2023 at 7:30 pm**
Monday, September 18, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Monday, December 11, 2023 at 7:00 pm
To be admitted, you must have your Universal ID and be an active member in good standing*.
*In good standing means all application fees, initiation fees, dues, and any other financial obligations to the Union must be current and paid in full and the Member must not be on suspension from the Union.
**The June 12th Membership meeting will be held at the IATSE West Coast Office, 2210 W. Olive Ave., Burbank, CA 91506
Please spread the word to your fellow members. If you have any questions please contact us at Info@B192iatse.org or (818) 509-9192.
Local B-192 Welcomes the Hollywood Pantages Theatre Ushers
On April 24, 2023, the Ushers at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre won their election to join IATSE Local B-192 with a 90% majority vote. For the first time in our Local's history, we have grown beyond the borders of Universal City, and we are very excited to welcome our new Members!
Local B-192 Congratulates our Endorsed Candidates for the 2022 Election
Local B-192 is thrilled to congratulate our endorsed candidates for their victories in the 2022 election:
- Eunisses Hernandez, LA City Council District 1
- Hugo Soto-Martinez, LA City Council District 13
- Judy Chu, Congressional District 28
- Abby Baron, LA Superior Court Judge Seat 60
- Melissa Lyons, LA Superior Court Judge Seat 90
UPDATE TO OUR TERMS WITH USH AS OF APRIL 2023:
- Los Angeles County COVID sick pay ended February 15th, 2023; however, no Local B-192 Member should accrue attendance points for COVID-related absences. Contact USH Human Resources for assistance with COVID questions, and contact the Union office at 818-509-9192 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance if necessary.
- Effective May 26, 2022, our Local B-192 and USH COVID-19 Safety Agreement that was ratified in February 2021 was terminated. Our Local B-192 Health & Safety Committee and elected Union officers will continue to ensure that all governmental safety regulations are enforced by the company.
- While the terms of our safety agreement ended on May 26th, the two other agreements negotiated during the park closure period still contain applicable terms. To view any of the COVID-19 agreements negotiated by Local B-192 and USH, visit the "Documents" section under "Member Resources" on this website.
For any and all concerns about the COVID-19, please visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov
Local B-192 is continuing to provide a unique opportunity to participate in the IATSE Education and Training Department's lynda.com courses, which upgraded to LinkedIn Learning in 2019. You can choose from a variety of options, including those listed on the site provided, and it's free of charge for members! For more information, contact our Union office or refer to the website: www.iatsetrainingtrust.org
- Link to the IATSE website: https://www.iatse.net/
- Link to the IATSE District 2 website: https://www.iadistrict2.org/