Amusement Area Employees is a labor Union representing the majority of the non-management employees at Universal Studios Hollywood. Chartered in 1965, B-192 is an autonomous Local affiliated with the Special Departments of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Motion Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, its Territories and Canada (IATSE). As a Union member you have certain rights and obligations. You are always welcome to ask questions of your representatives and officers, or to stop by the Union office to pick up a copy of the contract and Constitution and By-Laws. We hope you have a fulfilling experience in your work and become informed and involved in your Union.
Why We Have Unions
"According to the Economic Policy Institute, on average, a worker covered by a union contract earns 13.2% more in wages than a peer with similar education, occupation, and experience in a nonunionized workplace in the same sector." Source: https://www.epi.org/publication/how-todays-unions-help-working-people-giving-workers-the-power-to-improve-their-jobs-and-unrig-the-economy/
"Unions engage in 'Collective bargaining'. Collective bargaining is how working people gain a voice at work and the power to shape their working lives.
According to the Economic Policy Institute, Unions:
- Give workers a voice in policy debates
- Reduce inequality and are essential for low- and middle-wage workers' ability to obtain a fair share of economic growth
- Improve the health and safety practices of workplaces
- Support strong families with better benefits and due process and are good for workers' retirement security"
COVID-19 and USH Park Closure
UPDATE TO OUR TERMS WITH USH:
- Team members will be paid for time worked only.
- Members who currently have health insurance via our collective bargaining agreement with USH will not lose benefits due to status checks since our April 2020 and January 2021 agreements freeze status checks in August 2020, February 2021, and August 2021. Additionally, USH will cover 100% of members' health insurance premiums for anyone not scheduled to work until the park substantially reopens to the public or the end of 2021, whichever happens first.
- As of the membership ratification of a January 2021 proposal, USH agrees not to layoff more Local B-192 members while the park remains closed in 2021 unless the park does not substantially reopen to the public by August 1, 2021.
On April 20th, Local B-192 released a memo regarding the spread of COVID-19.
For any and all concerns about the COVID-19, please visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov
While USH is closed, the Local B-192 office will be closed to foot traffic unless an arrangement is made in advance. We can still be reached by phone at 818-509-9192 and by email at Info@b192iatse.org. If you leave a voicemail by phone, you will receive a response within 24 hours. To reach any of our Union representatives directly, refer to our Union Reps page under the "About Us" section and click on the representative's name for email access.
Local B-192 General Membership Meetings
Our regular membership meetings for 2021 are as follows:
Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7:00 pm**:
**This meeting will be held virtually, and links to register for the meeting will be sent via email. If you're not receiving Union emails, call the office at 818-509-9192.
Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Unless otherwise indicated, meetings are held at our Union office at 5250 Lankershim Blvd. Suite 600, North Hollywood, CA 91601
To be admitted, you must have your Universal ID and be an active member in good standing*.
*In good standing means all application fees, initiation fees, dues, and any other financial obligations to the Union must be current and paid in full and the Member must not be on suspension from the Union.
Please spread the word to your fellow members. If you have any questions please contact us at Info@B192iatse.org or (818) 509-9192.
Local B-192 Election Results
On Thursday, November 19th, ballots were counted for the Local B-192 tri-annual election. Results were sent by email and posted in the 5511 building.
Lynda.com now LinkedIn Learning
Local B-192 is continuing to provide a unique opportunity to participate in the IATSE Education and Training Department's lynda.com courses, which upgraded to LinkedIn Learning in 2019. You can choose from a variety of options, including those listed on the site provided, and it's free of charge for members! For more information, contact our Union office or refer to the website: www.iatsetrainingtrust.org